AILP Coverage: Workers Compensation
This is a MAIA Program.
This class is part of MAIA’s Accredited Insurance Lines Professional (AILP) program. AILP courses are appropriate for any insurance agency employee who wants to build a solid base of practical knowledge to facilitate their career performance and advancement — agency producers, account managers, CSRs, underwriters, adjusters, etc.
Participants should have at least two years’ experience in the field of insurance and have completed beginners’ insurance courses in the fundamental topics (or have a producer license).
- Independent contractor vs. employee
- 3A vs. 3C vs. MA LOS
- Part I benefits and what it doesn’t pay
- Part II EL and third-party action over, dual capacity, consequential loss and exclusions
- Important endorsements such as USLHW, Maritime, Voluntary Compensation, and waiver of our right to recover and when qualify for them
- Addressing the leasing situation
*this class was previously called AILP Fundamental: Workers' Compensation Insurance Coverage
Sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
PRICE: Members: $160 / Non-Members: $260
PROMETRIC NUMBER: 20428
The class runs from 8:00-3:00 and is followed by the test 3:00-4:00. Taking the test is NOT required to earn CE but is required if you wish to earn the designation.