The Personal Lines Licensing Review class is designed to prepare you for the Massachusetts Insurance exam. It is a combination of self-study and classroom review.
Calendar of Classes
How the process works:
- Choose the 2-day review class that best suits your needs.
- You have the option of receiving the licensing material in an an electronic PDF format or Hard Copy Book. The electronic PDF can be opened on any mobile device as long as you download the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader. Instructions will be provided in an email to you upon receipt of your order.
- Study the material prior to the class. You should allow yourself at least 4-6 weeks of self-study before your review class. Enhance your self-study by purchasing a Personal Lines Web-Based Tutorial Practice Exams.
- Attend the review class.
- Take the state examination. It is recommended that you sign up for an exam date that is close to the course date, it is best to take the exam when the material is fresh in your mind, perhaps within a week of the course date. Prometric’s test sites do sell out so if you know when you want to take the exam, it is recommended that you call as far in advance of that date as possible.
- After passing the state exams, go the www.statebasedsystems.com, click on the NIPR section and choose Apply for License.
State Exam Information
Prometric will administer the state licensing exam. You will receive the Massachusetts Licensing Information Bulletin when you place an order. This bulletin has all of the testing requirements, locations and information within it.
To register for the licensing exam, call Prometric at toll free (800) 741-9380 or on the web at www.prometric.com. The cost of the exams will be $39.00 per exam. Payment for the exam is due upon registration. Examination registration fees are non-refundable or transferable and expire in 90 days.
For complete information on licensing, please go to the Massachusetts Division of Insurance Licensing Information and Applications.
If a student who has attended our licensing course fails the state insurance examination, we will waive the fee for one (1) future study course within one (1) calendar year - following the ORIGINAL date scheduled. (Book charges may apply if class is not taken within the same calendar year.)
Due to the nature of the program and the copyright laws which apply to the materials, NO REFUND will be granted. However, one (1) free substitution or one (1) class transfer within a calendar year is permissible. Failure to transfer or substitute within three (3) working days prior to the scheduled class will result in a $105.00 penalty fee. A "NO SHOW" at the review classes results in loss of the entire tuition.
Classroom & Training Center Policies